8.14.2011

New Plates

I got my new license plates in the mail today. I regret that I had to update to the new Texas plates. Though there is probably no such thing as a really great looking license plate, (I guess their purpose is pretty philestine) I was partial to the old Texas plates. They were Navy on white with a lot of good symbolism. Symbolism that was actually crisp and clean too. As cheesy as it was, you just have to love the cowboy, stars, and space shuttle. The new plates, however; are pretty gaudy looking. They use 3 colors, (all very bright) Rockwell Extra bold, Brush script, and a low resolution image of clouds. I don't know the designer who produced these, but I know that I would be embarassed to put my name on them. Though the standard plates are gross looking, some of the new vanity plates are actually quite nice looking. There is a line of plates that has some very nice animal illustion work on them. All procedes from these plates goes to Texas Parks and Wildlife. I am seriously tempted to buy these vanity plates because I am an avid outsdoorsman, but also because I am a picky designer.


No comments:

Post a Comment